Sunday, April 24, 2011

i dreamed you

wesley had a birthday this past week.  i wonder if birthdays get easier for moms?  like maybe when they get into school or after they turn 18.  or maybe the more kids you have the less intense the birthday feels?  i don't know.  i do know that this birthday week was an emotional one for me. 
the night before his birthday, i told wesley that before he was born i prayed every night that Heavenly Father would send him to me. i told him that i prayed and i prayed, and i prayed for him.  then one day i found out that Heavenly Father was going to send him to me and i was so excited to be his mommy!  i bought his clothes, and blankets, and toys and got ready for him to come.  and when he was born, i held him, and kissed him, and snuggled him, and never put him down because i was so happy that he was my little boy.  and then I told wesley that he was the baby i prayed for, and i was so happy that i could be his mommy, and that i would be his mommy forever.
it's a true story.




i am so blessed to have my little boy.  happy birthday wesley.

4 comments:

  1. I loved this! How beautiful. What a great mommy Wesley got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday wesley! brooke, you are an awesome mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Brooke. I'm bawling right now. Happy birthday, Wesley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love this story. And that it's true. And that it makes me even more excited to be a mommy.

    ReplyDelete